Monday, October 28, 2013

A nice start to the week (The China Doll is coming along)

When I started writing The New Pioneers, I knew that I had solid stories for The Smartest Girl in the Room and The Family You Choose. However, I was very nervous about The China Doll. I've been working on that one almost as long as TFYC (in other words, decades), and that's the one title I always knew I'd use. And while Miranda, Emily and Zainab are integral to Jessie's story, this is...different.

I was, therefore, very happy last week when my beta-reader gave the story line a thumbs up (with some suggested tweaks)- and ecstatic to get an email from my editor this morning telling me she really liked it. Woo hoo!

All in all, not a bad way to start a Monday morning.

2 comments:

  1. It's on my TBR list :) Jessie's story Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I'm feeling good about people's reactions to this...

    ReplyDelete